We’re here to ensure that all possible risks are covered.
Data Breach Risks and GDPR
The Office of Data Protection States: “If you experience a breach you are legally obliged to report it to the ODPA if the breach is likely to pose a significant risk to the person (or people) whose data has been affected.”
- Our staff are all trained as to what is appropriate and what is not.
- Items are only printed when ordered (or arrive on our system for printing that day).
- Access to print room is controlled via key pad. Access to post room has a different key pad.
- No back-up copies of customer’s data is stored.
- Any re-printed or incorrectly printed material is shredded securely.
Issue: One or more items not being printed or being printed twice.
Solution: Very rare. We know how many items have been printed and this is logged against the number of envelopes fulfilled. This gives us a good cross check.
Issue: Items being damaged.
Solution: Very rare. Any damage would be picked up by the envelope machine and a simple ‘reprint’ order can slot the damaged item back into the next days ‘batch’. Any re-printed or incorrectly printed material is shredded securely.
Issue: Items being lost in post
Solution: Each days entry is made with Guernsey Post’s e-billing system so we have a record of number of items sent. Printing is checked to be clear and positioning in the envelope is checked daily to ensure legibility.